What differentiates Hemera Financial Solutions from the competition?
Hemera provides companies with access to a seasoned, senior management team at competitive billing rates. Hemera’s “Success Triangle” consists of the following three parts which work together to provide unmatched professional services:
- The Founder
- The Advisory Board
- The Business Coach
Ray Petrino, CPA
Ray founded Hemera Financial Solutions with the goal of providing his broad knowledge of consumer products, financial services, and not-for-profit entities to clients. Ray developed the proprietary tools utilized by Hemera, and he oversees the day-to-day operations of the firm.
His career highlights include the following:
- Served as a Senior Financial Consultant for Parion Sciences and was instrumental in the company’s successful 2015 fundraising which resulted in Parion’s receipt of an $80 million upfront payment as part of an agreement to collaborate with Vertex Pharmaceuticals.
- Served as a Senior Financial Consultant for Phoundry Pharmaceuticals. Provided the startup and financial expertise to develop the entire financial infrastructure and worked with the management team to close a deal with Intarcia Therapeutics, Inc. in its first year of operation.
- Served as a Senior Consultant and Interim Controller for Pappas Ventures, a recognized leader among VC firms in the southeastern United States, spearheading the completion of the quarterly financial packages and the annual audit and tax filings, in addition to assisting in special projects including the construction of valuation models and waterfall calculations.
- Obtained funding of $1.7 million for Our Lady of Refuge Church through the construction of a detailed financial package and coordination with lenders.
- Serves as the AICPA’s content matter expert for a variety of publications including “U.S. GAAP Financial Statements – Best Practices in Presentation and Disclosure,” providing users with the tools needed to apply the complex reporting guidance within U.S. GAAP, including statistical data revealing the latest trends in presentation and disclosures.
- Served as the Controller for the HFH ShortPLUS Fund, a top performing hedge fund in 2007, with net performance exceeding +140%.
- Served as Controller for a hedge fund and helped grow assets from $2 billion to $12 billion, while implementing the policies and procedures for the back office and supervising the audits of the onshore and offshore commingled funds.
- Audited four years of results for Hershey’s pasta division (includes Ronzoni and San Giorgio), culminating in the sale of the business to New World Pasta.
Ray graduated cum laude from the University of Notre Dame. He co-founded the Notre Dame chapter of Circle K International, a community service organization that provides service to a multitude of special needs groups. Notre Dame Circle K grew to over 100 members in less than one year, becoming the largest student- run organization on ND’s campus and the largest Circle K worldwide. Ray earned honors for most distinguished President and Vice President for the state of Indiana.
The Advisory Board
Hemera’s Advisory Board consists of six professionals with over 150 years of experience in accounting, finance, operations, and management roles in North American and European markets. The Advisory Board provides independent, unbiased advice on how to grow the business, effectively manage consulting engagements, and offer top notch customer service.
Every winning team needs a coach and Hemera is no exception. Ron Cocquyt, our team coach, has over 40 years of experience in the consumer products and service industries, and currently serves as the Founder and President of Hylander Management Consultants, LLC. Among Ron’s many accomplishments was the sale of Monarch Products, a company he built from the ground up, to Johnson & Johnson. Hemera has utilized Ron’s services in developing its business model and in identifying its “perfect prospects.”